When I was a little girl, one of my favorite parts of Christmas Eve was leaving cookies for Santa. After all, everybody knows that Santa gets really hungry on his travels around the world! This year, I am keeping that tradition alive with this cookie display using Deflecto frames and sign holders. Both of these can be used over and over so that you can display them year after year.
Deflecto VersaGrip Magnetic Sign Holder
Deflecto 4X6 Curved Magnetic Sign Holder
red, brown, white, and black cardstock
Christmas patterned paper
red and white bakers twine
red and white ribbon
adhesive, adhesive foam dots, and glue dots
Cricut die-cutting machine, "From My Kitchen" and "Base Camp" cartridges
red rhinestones and black enamel dots
Sign Holder instructions:
- Cut red cardstock to 5"x7". Cut patterned paper to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2". Cut white cardstock to 3"x5". Layer and adhere. Cut out cookies and gingerbread man (both at 1 1/2") and the word "cookies" (1") from the "From My Kitchen" cartridge. Cut "for Santa" from "Base Camp" cartridge. Glue words onto white cardstock. Decorate gingerbread man die cut with red rhinestones and black enamel dots. Adhere gingerbread man and cookies to corners of paper using foam dots. Clip card onto sign holder.
- Wrap stem of magnetic sign holder with red and white bakers twine, adhering both ends with glue dots.
- Tie bow in ribbon. Attach to clip at the top of the sign holder with glue dots.
- Write your favorite cookie recipe on a 4"x6" card. (The recipe I used is my favorite -- I make these cookies every Christmas!) Layer onto a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece of red cardstock. Place inside curved magnetic frame. The Deflecto magnetic frame is so cool because the two parts of the frame just stick together using magnets -- you just pull the front and back apart!
- Attach die cut gingerbread man to outside of frame with adhesive foam dots.
- Tie a bow in the ribbon. Attach to corner of frame with glue dots.