- What books and/or magazines did I read this month? I read issues of Scrapbooks Etc., Creating Keepsakes, All You, and the AAA travel magazine. I read lots of books including Bossypants by Tina Fey, The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party by Alexander McCall Smith, and Left Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson.
- What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month? The most memorable things I watched were Michael Scott's goodbye in The Office, the Royal Wedding (of course!), and lots of baseball.
- What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? Went to Opening Day for the Atlanta Braves, eating lunch w/my friend Kerry and dinner w/my friend Twhyla, helping my friend Lauren unpack all of her craft crap after a move, going to an all-day crop, having my niece Ashley visiting, a Spring Fling Party (on one of the coldest days of the month!)
- What gifts did I give and/or receive? Lauren gave me sooooo much craft stuff like a Yudu machine, paper, TONS of adhesive, and more clear acrylic than I can use in a lifetime! Twhyla gave me a cool t-shirt that says "Scrappers are acid-free"
- What special or unusual purchases did I make? A UTEE melting pot!
- What illnesses or health concerns did I have? A few days of sniffles due to pollen
- What were my accomplishments this month? See my April 7th post! I also got some more cool news that I can't share quite yet.....
- What were my disappointments this month? Not being chosen as a DT member on a site
- How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals) Very well (again see my April 7th post!)
- Anything else noteworthy to include? Some of the deadliest storms ever hit the South on April 27. Numerous tornadoes hit places all over MS, AL, and GA (including my hometown).
Saturday, April 30, 2011
I was inspired the other day by a visit to Katie the Scrapbook Lady. Her site has all sorts of great ideas and I loved this one. It's "The Monthly Roundup" where you "roundup" the memories of your month! This makes it much easier to go back to do journaling for your pages later; it's also cool to see just what you did all month!
Labels: Monthly Roundup
Thursday, April 7, 2011
All sorts of exciting things are happening to me this month!
- I am now a published scrapbooker! I have a layout in this quarter's issue of "Stamping, Stationery, and Scrapbooking." You can find the issue at all Hobby Lobby stores now.
- I am the guest designer of the month at "Scrapping Shoebox", an Australian website. Right now, my bio and a little Q&A are posted on the site; a tutorial will come later in the month.
- I am also the guest designer of the month on a Greek website called "Scrapbooking in Greece." I have a folded flower tutorial posted there that is so cute! There is a "translate" widget on the site so you can read it in English (however, the translation sounds wonky, of course!)