Friday, November 6, 2009

Why do I scrapbook?

I've been pondering this a lot lately.

I began thinking about it back in the spring.  I was lucky enough to take a class (in person!) from Jessica Sprague (see earlier post).  Then that evening, she delivered a key note speech in which she had us all to think about why we scrapbook. 

Here's what I have come up with so far:

I scrapbook because I want to celebrate my life.  I have a story to tell.

I want people to know that I was here.  That I mattered.  That I laughed, cried, loved, lost, triumphed, and failed. 

I want to give myself a chance to play and explore.  As adults, we don't get that chance very often. 

I want to have a safe place where I don't have to follow any rules.

I want to leave my legacy.

So tell me... why do you scrapbook?

1 comment:

  1. I scrapbook because I forget. I want to remember all those details and feeling from these days and events that mean so much to me. If I get is all down now, I'll remember it later.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik