Thursday, June 1, 2017

DIY Recipe Box



When I got married, I went from eating cold cereal for dinner to actually having to cook meals! I was at a loss for food ideas so I went on a search for easy family recipes. Oh how I wish someone had given me a set of recipes for a bridal shower gift!

So instead of buying the newlyweds something that they will never use, what about giving them a handmade recipe box filled with your family's favorite recipes?!



This recipe box is super easy to make! I started with a plain recipe box that I found at Hobby Lobby. I then covered the box with patterned paper from the "Farm House" collection by Keller's Creations using glossy Mod Podge.


I used embellishments from the same paper line to decorate the box. For dimension, I then added words made from Joy embroidered letters. I kept the letters white, but they are easy to dye to match any kitchen decor.



Believe me, it may not seem like much, but the new bride will really appreciate this. This recipe box is sure to be treasured for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik