Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Springtime Gypsy Earrings


This year, I was lucky enough to be invited to the Blogger Networking Event at CHA (hosted by FaveCrafts). This is an opportunity for us bloggers to meet with crafting manufacturers so we can get the word out to you readers about new and awesome products.

One of my favorite products from the event had to be the sweet treasure trove of Swarovski crystals from PrimaBead.com. I am like a magpie -- I adore anything sparkly! I used some of these gorgeous crystal beads to make a pair of gypsy-inspired earrings. These earrings are super-easy to make; if you can open and close a jump ring, you can make these!

Springtime Gypsy Earring Instructions:

  1. Start with a chandelier-type earring finding.
  2. For outer beads, place 3 bicone beads on a head pin. Create a loop at the top of the head pin and attach to the earring with a jump ring.
  3. Attach the rest of the crystals to your earring with jump rings.
  4. Attach earring to earwires (I didn’t use a jump ring so that the earring would face forward. If you prefer your earrings to swing sideways, use a jump ring.).

Materials List:

  1. Swarovski crystal beads (I used these, these, these, and these.)
  2. Chandelier earrings (I got mine at Hobby Lobby -- there are lots of different styles to choose from).
  3. Earwires, jump rings, and head pins (Again, I got all my findings at Hobby Lobby).
  4. Round-nose jewelry pliers
I would love to see your version of these earrings! If you like these, pin them on Pinterest!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik